If you use the Chrome browser from Google, it can cause the error &# 8220; updates are disabled by the administrator&# 8221; come. But what exactly does this message mean and how can you solve the problem again?
&# 8220; Chrome updates are disabled by the administrator&# 8221 ;: What does this mean?
The error message &# 8220; Chrome updates are disabled by the administrator&# 8221; can have various causes:
- A faulty Windows registry entry
- A broken default folder
- An infestation of the PC from viruses and Trojans
- You are not an administrator on your PC
"Porn mode" on the smartphone: Surf safe and clean on the Web
So it fixes the Chrome Error
Incorrect registry entry
There may be no entry to Update Default. Silk may not be logged in as an administrator you?
A common problem with a erroneous entry in the Windows Registry on. When the registry is a library that stores the information about programs and settings.
- Opens the Windows registry on regedit.exe. How to do it, learn it in this article: regedit.exe.
- Clicks you now through the path on the left to the following address: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Google \ Update \.
- Here you should see an entry update Default.
- Double click it and change the value to 1.
If the update folder contains several entries that are named differently, you can try to put all values to 1. Probably the problem is rather, that you do not have administrator rights to your PC. As always, but here that the changes at your own risk.
Faulty Windows folder
If this brings no improvement, you can also try to delete the entire Google folder under Policies and reboot the PC. At worst, it makes the fact, however, the browser broken and needs to install again.
Sometimes the &# 8220; Chrome updates are disabled by the administrator&# 8221; -Meldung something with the Default folder of Chrome have to do:
- Opens Windows Explorer.
- Surfs to the following address: C: \ Users \<USERNAME>\ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ User Data.
- Instead of user, it may be that the user folder is called.
- Searches for the folder Default, renames it, for example, default backup.
- Chrome restarts.
- The browser should have created a new default folder now.
- Deletes this and give the original folder again the name Default.
Again you can again destroy the browser in the worst case, making a new installation required.
No administrator rights on the PC
Are you, for example, on a company PC, the cause may lie in the fact that their did not have administrator rights to your PC. Asks in this case, your system administrator for advice or makes sure that you are logged in with the administrator account on your PC.
Install Chrome browser new
If the problem persists, you should Chrome completely uninstall and then reinstall.
- How to do this after you read here: Chrome completely uninstall.
- Following their installed the browser.
Infection by viruses?
If all the measures do not help and be logged in as Administrator on Windows PC you think it's possible that your PC is infected by a virus. In this case leads immediately receives a check with an antivirus program through.
Chromebook: For Everyone, Everywhere
- Remove write protection of USB flash drives
- Format c: &# 8211; Format HDD
- Which motherboard I have?
Did you "Chrome: "Updates are disabled by the administrator"fix -chrome Error - How it works" fallen by Johannes Kneussel?
Write us in the comments or share the article.
We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,
twitter or Google+.