If you use Windows 10, local accounts, it is possible that Cortana stop working at once if you sign up with your Microsoft account, although the position detection is enabled in the Privacy settings. We show we get Cortana then to run it again.
Cortana in Windows 10
Funny when Cortana was activated and no longer works at once. The error appeared with us and other users previously under Windows 10 Pro after signing in Microsoft accounts. Cortana then requires the location and activation of the position detection in Windows 10, even though it is already on. Restarting well as deleting and creating accounts do not help in general. That you can do to get Cortana back to work.
Tip: If Cortana works, but shows no interest, look here: Cortana: Right now I can not find interests (error) - solution.
UPDATE: Cortana has been operating since Anniversary update for Windows 10 even if you have not activated the position determination.
- Windows 10: Anniversary Update - explains features and release date
install the .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10
Disable Position control: Cortana
Info: If you disable the position detection of Cortana, can you not use Cortana services more who need a position of you.
- To turn the positioning you press the key combination Windows + A and click the Info Center on the button position.
- If this fails to light, the position detection is disabled.
Windows 10: Cortana stopped working despite position detection - Here&# 8217; s back
Cortana asks for the site, although the position detection in Windows is on the 10th
The cause of the error was a position adjustment in the privacy settings, which actually can not be changed with us. There, the app Cortana was forbidden to access the position profile. This makes them no longer worked. So you get Cortana back up and running:
- Opens the settings by their presses the key combination Windows + i.
- Clicks the button data protection.
- Selects the left menu item position. Checks for safety reasons in the right side of the window, whether the position detection and the underlying switches are turned on under position.
- Scroll down to the heading Select apps that are allowed to use your position.
Cortana it is forbidden to use the position. Actually, the switch but do not let on &Off; # 8220&# 8221; put.
- Find the app listing with the Cortana symbol and the lettering searches. Set the switch right next to it from off to on.
Cortana is now working again and welcome you again in the words you're ready to go. If Cortana is still not working for you, it might help if you your Start menu in Windows repaired 10th Read to the last tip on the Windows 10: Set up the Start menu.
Windows 10: Position for use Cortana app is by default greyed
Actually, the above setting can not turn off, so you will not look up to the idea there might. The position used for Cortana is namely default on A and is grayed out. So far, we do not know what caused the error.
Actually the use of your position you can Cortana in Windows 10 does not prohibit, as it is grayed out by default.
What you should know about Cortana:
- Open Cortana with "Hey Cortana" - Here's how: Windows 10
- Windows 10: What does the circle icon on the taskbar? How hide?
- 10 Windows: Cortana and Web search disable - Manual
Did you "Windows 10: Cortana no longer on / off position detection works - Instructions" like Robert Lair?
Write us in the comments or share the article.
We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,
twitter or Google+.