If you have forgotten your password in Windows Vista, you can not log in you. but with a trick you can delete your password and set a new one. We reveal in this guide on how to do it.
Windows Vista: If you have forgotten your password, there is a trick to log yet.
Who has forgotten his password for Windows Vista, no longer comes to his files. But there is a trick, as you delete your old password, and can give a new password your Windows account. Basically it goes so that the password input.
Windows Vista: Forgot your password - Preparations
So you can set a new password you need to prepare their feature
- Go to another PC or a laptop.
- Created you a bootable USB stick with the Linux operating system Ubuntu. How to do this, we explain here: Ubuntu and install from USB drive - Here&# 8217; s.
Note: Alternatively, you can create an ISO image of Ubuntu also burn to a CD and boot from it. Also note: If Vista is present with you in the 32-bit version, you need the 32-bit version of Ubuntu.
- then boot your Vista PC from the USB stick. Under certain circumstances, you have to change the boot order of your PC. For instructions, can be found in the article: Booting the PC from CD &# 8211; so is&# 8217; s.
- Selected at the start of Ubuntu to German and clicks on the button Ubuntu try. Windows Vista therefore remains unchanged.
- Opens the Ubuntu Explorer left in the taskbar.
- Searches in the left navigation of your Windows hard drive - probably it is called disk and navigate to the folder: / Windows / System32
- Examines the Utilman.exe file and selects it. Presses the key combination Windows + C and then Windows + V. This makes a copy to the original file.
- Now delete the Utilman.exe file with the Delete key.
Note: The original file of Utilman.exe's saved as a copy.
- Addiction cmd.exe file. Created by her with Windows + C and Windows + V also a copy.
Ubuntu: The file &# 8220; cmd.exe&# 8221; is in &Utilman.exe; # 8220&# 8221; renamed.
- Now selects the file cmd.exe and rename it to: Utilman.exe
Note: The original file cmd.exe is secured in the created copy.
- Finished Ubuntu and restarts Windows Vista.
Windows History: The Evolution of Windows 1.0 to 10
Windows Vista: Lost password - deleting a password and recreate
After you have completed the above preparations, you can now your password that you no longer know, delete, and create a new one:
- If you are in the login screen of Windows Vista, you click the bottom left of the small blue icon for the input help.
- Our changes in Ubuntu now but the command prompt opens.
- Type in the command: net user &# 8220; BENUTERNAME&# 8221; NEW PASSWORD
For example, if our user account Lilly we want to set as the password tester. in which case, the command is: net user &# 8220; Lilly&# 8221; tester
- Close the command prompt and then typing in the password box the password that you have just been awarded for your username.
- Windows Vista launches and reports it to you.
Now you can the changes and file renaming again undo:
- Navigate to the System32 folder and delete the file cmd.exe.
- Renames the Utilman file (copy) .exe into cmd.exe.
- Renames conclude by the file cmd (copy) .exe into Utilman.exe.
Note: You should use this method only if you if you have forgotten your password.
What you should know about:
- Windows 7: Forgot your password &# 8211; So you come back to your PC
- Forgot Windows Administrator Password &# 8211; what to do?
- Forgot BIOS Password: So you can reset the password