Sometimes you stumble within the Windows operating system, perhaps using the name Windows 6.1. Quite rightly, the question arises what this is please to be? We reveal it in this guide.
4 Simple Tips for Windows 7
If you let her see your Windows version, it is possible that her writing Windows 6.1 reading. What's this?
Windows 6.1 - What is it?
Windows 6.1 is the version number associated with Windows. 7
With Windows 6.1 Windows 7 is meant. To understand this, one must know the following:
- Microsoft renames his published Windows operating systems internally by consecutive numbers.
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 are only the operating system names, so the marketing name.
- The 7 or 8 say anything about the actual version of the operating system, but rather are part of the name.
- Windows XP for example, carries the version number 5.1.
- Windows Vista has the number 6.0.
- And Windows 7 is version 6.1.
Now it's no surprise that Windows 7 has a lot of resemblance to Vista, except for the fact that Windows 7 just simply (supple) works without resource hungry. Based on the version numbers you can then capture similarities to other operating systems.
|Windows name||Windows version number|
|Windows 10||own system|
Solution to Windows Installer Modules Worker (TiWorker.exe)
Windows 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 and Co.
Windows 8 thus has the version number 6.2, compared to its predecessor Windows 7 / Windows 6.1 is no great change - it was indeed omitted even the Start menu basically;) Windows 8.1 was then the version 6.3. Starting with Windows 10 installed build number is displayed in the version query about Version 1511. Windows Insiders can already higher number as the 1607th
Starting with Windows 10 versions are counted differently.
An overview of almost all Windows version numbers can be found here.
Did you "Windows 6.1 - What is it?" like Robert Lair?
Write us in the comments or share the article.
We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,
twitter or Google+.