The Austrian Broadcasting Corporation (ORF) was founded in 1955 and operates the public broadcasters in Austria. Meanwhile, the ORF offers with ORF 1, ORF 2, ORF 3 and ORF Sport + four transmitters, which can be used for Austrians as a live stream. In Germany, not all contents of the ORF live streams are regularly available.
ORF live stream
The ORF live streams are to be used from Austria and Germany easily via the website or the app from ORF. However, in Germany you can only view the "free to air" content. Proceed as follows to start the live stream of ORF 1, ORF 2, ORF 3 or ORF Sport +:
Per the website:
- Start your browser and navigate to the official website of the ORF.
- In the selection menu you then click on the tab "TVthek".
- Now you can either top of the rider on the menu item "LIVE" button or scroll down until you get to the "Live" selection.
- Now click on the current program, the ORF station that you want to see in order to start the live stream.
- Invite you the ORF-TVthek.App from the AppStore or Play Store on your phone or tablet down.
ORF TVthek: video on demand, live
Developer: Austrian Broadcasting *
ORF TVthek: Video on demand
Developer: ORF Austrian Broadcasting Corporation
- Start the app and then wipes from the left edge of the screen in the middle to open the submenu.
- Typed now here on the menu item "Live".
- Now you can choose from the current live range of the four ORF channels.
- By tapping the broadcast, the live stream is then started.
use ORF live stream in Germany
As with the satellite free channels "ORF 2 Europe", only certain content can be received even when the live streams outside of Austria. These include the productions of the ORF (talk shows, crime, news, etc.) and copyright harmless broadcasts. For foreign productions in which the ORF has only acquired the broadcasting rights for Austria, see international viewers of the live stream only the following reference:
This video may be reproduced for legal reasons only in Austria.
Unfortunately, provide the legal German TV streaming providers such as Magine * Zattoo & Co. Austrian stations currently not to live stream to. To work around the geoblocking and so all the contents of the ORF live streams in Germany (or where very different) to view, so you need an Austrian IP address. This can you attain, for example through a proxy server or a VPN tunnel.
What you look personally prefer the ORF channels? Has her a TV at home or watch her all about live streams on smartphone, tablet and laptop? Leave us your opinion and note in the comments.