If you want to assemble or a new PC itself to upgrade the computer, then the main processor of the calculator is of course one of the first components for which an upgrade is worthwhile. We tell you what you need to be aware, when you upgrade your CPU or want to install a new processor in your PC.
upgrade CPU of a computer: The note should you
Is the main processor of the PC a few years old and slows the PC noticeably, it is worth considering an upgrade or upgrade the CPU. Some things should you doing but definitely consider before you buy a new processor, is upgrading the computer with it and incorporates the main processing unit in the computer itself.
If you want to upgrade the CPU, you should consider some things before. The incorporation is not quite self-explanatory &# 8211; with our guidance, however, should not be a major problem.
Provides First, ensure that the processor is the limiting in the computer component. Run as games often not liquid, the problem is usually due to the graphics card, which is for the display of greater importance. For while games can have graphics power not enough, they are quite frugal in general in terms of CPU requirements, so even a few years old enough CPUs for current games.
- A CPU is always on the so-called motherboard (also called motherboard or main board) installed. Before you buy any old processor, you must first make sure that this is at all compatible with the motherboard. Help can be found here about this: Which motherboard I have? find Motherboard
- If you know which processor is not installed with you at all, then look in this article: What processor do I have? Own CPU find out!
- Is there any newer CPU for the installed on the motherboard chipset, it may be worthwhile, in addition to the main processor to purchase a new motherboard, which has a current chipset and is also compatible with current processors.
- Helpful tips for recommended CPUs and motherboards found in this article: compile gaming PC itself: Computer 500 &# 8211; 5,000 euros.
- Do you have a suitable new CPU (and possibly a new motherboard) found, you can fit it into the PC. How this works exactly, you read further down in the article.
- What a CPU is exactly and what they charge is characterized in the computer, you can read here: What is a CPU with the PC? What makes the processor?
- If you want to upgrade the RAM of the CPU also, you can find more information here: RAM read: What memory do I have?
You are still missing the appropriate input devices for your PC?
- Mechanical keyboards: Best gaming keyboards explained!
- Cheap gaming hardware Lioncast *
- Gaming Mouse: buying guides &# 8211; the best mouse pads at a glance
Mechanical Keyboard Lioncast LK30 Amazon
processor & Installing the fan in PC: Step-by-Step Guide
Below you can find out how you retrofit a CPU in a computer and what to exactly considered during installation:
- On your motherboard, there is almost certainly a plastic cover that you must remove it first before you can install the CPU:
CPU socket with plastic cover
- Both AMD and Intel one must first resolve a metal arm on the CPU socket.
The metal arm of the CPU socket must be pushed outwardly and upwardly to release the contacts.
- To do that, you push the lever first down slightly, then pull it slightly away from the socket and then lifts it.
- For Intel motherboard has a metal frame to be raised next still holding the CPU later on the spot.
The metal frame must also be folded up. If the cover is removed, the contacts are visible. Interesting: In our example, we see that the pins of the socket are damaged, in our case, the PC simply did not start. So checked in any case, whether the PINs are undamaged before it installs the CPU.
- These plastic cover must be removed no later than now.
- Now you can insert the processor into the socket. Holds him gently on the sides of snippets on the pins on the motherboard. The processor fits only in one direction on the base, notches on the CPU or the appropriate tabs on the motherboard specify exactly how you have to use it. AMD CPU and the base at a corner have a marker.
Install Gallery CPU
- then closes the metal flap and the arm. Here some pressure is quite in demand.
Thus, mounted on the base CPU looks. Depending on the model and platform, the appearance of course, is somewhat different.
- Now a CPU cooler must be installed. Since the assembly here of model is slightly different model takes the best back on the included installation instructions.
- In many cases, the CPU back plate must be replaced on the motherboard or are in the first place attached. Turns to the motherboard over, and places it carefully. For AMD systems in addition to the standard mounting frame on the front must be removed frequently.
Some housing allow mounting the cooler back plate with the mainboard: you have on the back of an opening that gives access to the back of the mainboard.
- Possibly you have to distribute thermal paste on the CPU (when the radiator does not have thermal pads). Cleans latter initially again from any fingerprints or dust (moist lens cloths work wonders here).
With damp lens cleaning cloth can clean both the CPU and the heat sink thoroughly so the heat transfer works slightly better.
- Then distributed a small amount of paste on the heatspreader of the CPU (the silver top). Do not take too much and distributes them so (with disposable gloves or a small spatula made of cardboard) that only a very thin layer remains. An even more precise instructions on how to apply the thermal grease be found behind the link.
install thermal paste Gallery
- Now you can mount the cooler.
CPU heat sink, in this case an all-in-one water cooling Corsair are usually four screws connected to the back plate and then tightened with a screwdriver or hand.
- In addition, still attach the power connector of the fan to the motherboard. For this purpose there is a terminal that is usually marked with CPU_FAN. May have your motherboard also includes a second, as CPU_OPT connector designated. This is provided for a possibly existing second fan &# 8211; but not for case fans.
The fan it connects to the excellent labeled CPU_FAN connector.
- The connector fits only in one direction. More information about fan can be found here: control PWM fan: explains connection assignment of the fan control (in 3- and 4-pin connector).
AMD Socket have a small metal arm, but no plate.
Fast and Easy: AMD or Intel?
Also read more about Guides
- read RAM: What I have memory?
- Bake motherboard: repair Hardware &# 8211; How to do it
- Mainboard sizes: form factors of ITX to ATX Overview
Did you "CPU upgrade and install Processor: It's quick and easy!" fallen by Johannes Kneussel?
Write us in the comments or share the article.
We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,
twitter or Google+.